Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Kracker Klassic" 5k

"Kracker Klassic" 5k

Yes, that's the name. Yes, that's how they spell it... Aaahhh...the Midwest! At 25:17 , far from my best, far from my worst. I paced STRONG for the first mile (7:20 / 7:30 ish) , but faded in the middle. I managed to finish strong though, so I was happy for that.

"5k's aren't my thing." And I'm OK with that. I think that if I trained for them specifically, they could be. But I don't. And I'm OK with that.

It was a GREAT 3 mile run, at 8:14/mile...SMOKIN' my my "slow and steady" standards! The race itself was very small, but well organized and efficient. It was my 11 year old son's first 5k... He ROCKED it in 34:xx ! I even got to "run him in" the last 1/3 mile. FUN! He "left it all out there" and he can't wait to do another. I'll be anxious to see what he can do if he "trains up" a bit. He seems to have a knack for it, and always responds well to coaching / training.

With this 5k in the books, I'm looking forward to a week of "by the book" Chicago Marathon training.

"Marathons ARE my thing."

No comments: